WordPress Press This! Feature is A Great Way to Share Other People’s Posts
If you’re wondering what exactly Press This! is, it’s a plugin for WordPress that gives you the ability to share content that you find online on your own WordPress blog or website in what WordPress calls a ‘lightening fast’ manner!
Here’s a link to the WordPress.com support article that discusses how to use Press This! if you’re using a computer.
But figuring out how to use Press This! if you’re using an iPad or iPhone to draft your content can be daunting! I figured out how to make it work tonight so thought I’d write some quick instructions before I forget what I did!
- The first thing you’ll need to do is find Press This! In your dashboard. Go to your dashboard and open Tools – Available Tools
- Tap on the 2nd Press This…the one that says Direct Link (best for mobile)
- After you tap Press This a new webpage will open…it’s a blank editing page to begin your Press This! post. But before you do that might want to create a bookmark to this link so that it’s easy to find again.
- To create a bookmark just tap the Share icon (the rectangle with arrow pointing up*) and create a bookmark for the page.
- Now go to the webpage you want to share and copy the link…then paste it into the URL box at the top of the post.
- This next step is probably the most important one and the trickiest to figure out. After you paste the link in, it’s important that you remember to tap on the word Scan so the link can be scanned and the webpage pulled into your post.
- Now edit the post to your liking, maybe adding a few photos and write an introduction to it for why your sharing the post on your site.
- Then tap on Publish…and that’s all there is to it! Go to visit your post to make sure that it looks just the way you want it to. If it doesn’t you can go back and tweak it some more.
If you’d like to read other’s comments, (assuming there are any,) or leave a comment yourself, please do so by scrolling way down this page…past my bio, past the WordPress ads, and past the Related Posts section…to the little Comment box.
Look for something that looks like the box in the screenshot below: